Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) – Pearl of the Far East – is the most populous and largest city in Vietnam. It is a major transport hub connecting with other provinces in the region and an international gateway of the region. The city is constantly moving no matter day or night, the street is always full of lights and lines of people connecting each other.
Let’s find out the most amazing fun things to do in Ho Chi Minh City at night.
Hanoi Craft beer Tasting by Motorbike – Unique things to do in Ho Chi Minh City at night
Learn about Vietnamese drinking culture from conversations with friendly local patrons and enjoy different local craft beer & food is one of the most amazing fun things to do in Ho Chi Minh city at night. This experience is always rated 5-star and recommended for the first –time visitors.
Explore the city by motorbike
Roaming through Ho Chi Minh City Street on a motorbike? Sound adventurous? Yes, quite thrilling but very worth it a try. Try this experience as you won’t find it back home.
Hop on a motorbike is the easiest and convenient way to explore the city lanes & alleys and get up-close to local life. Make your way to visit Ho Chi Minh City districts visiting markets, historic sites and local haunts. On the way, just stop by some local restaurants to try famous pho noodles, local dessert or Vietnamese coffee. It’s such a wonderful to have a local guide to ride and show you the sights and sounds of the fantastic city.
Street Food and Sightseeing Night Tour with Aodai Rider in Saigon (the best tour ever)
Feast your eyes with authentic cultural Show
Looking for something entertaining yet meaningful to do in Ho Chi Minh at night? Cultural shows is recommended. These shows are perfect for traveling families looking to entertain the little ones after a full day of sightseeing and learn about Vietnamese culture.
– The Golden Dragon Water Puppetry Theatre is where you can learn about the culture, traditions and folklore of Vietnamese life during your holiday in Ho Chi Minh City.
Recommended tour: Sai Gon Cultural Evening Tour with Water Puppet Show & Dinner River Cruise
– A O Show : The spectacular, thrilling show is held at the iconic Saigon Opera House. It features optical illusions and impressive acrobatics, paired with traditional music performances by a troupe of talented local artists. As the name says, the show will give you a truly “A” “O” moment. It is very entertaining and engaging show for all ages and definitely not cheap but worth every cent. See more about A O Show here
– Teh Dar Show: This one-hour breathtaking show is also held in Ho Chi Minh Opera House, featuring a vibrant display of circus arts, aerial acrobatics, and tribal music. This show highlights the lives of tribal families from the southwest highlands of Vietnam using UNESCO-listed percussion instruments such as Vietnamese gongs and buffalo horns. You are hooked from the very beginning. It’s so simple, but so very very clever and entertaining. Don’t be miss it if you do not know what to do in Ho Chi Minh city at night. Book ticket for Teh Dar Show here
– The Mist Show: The Mist by Lune Production features six sketches of the daily lives of Vietnamese farmers in the form of symbolic dance movements and traditional music. Offering an authentic experience for the audience, performers are dressed in traditional costumes and rural props that were used back in the olden days. Scenes include farmers tending to rice fields, contemporary and ballet dancing, as well as acrobatic performances. Held several days a week in Saigon Opera House at 18:00, we highly recommend booking well in advance as it’s one of the most popular live shows in Ho Chi Minh City. Book The Mist Show here
Saigon Skydeck at Bitexco Tower
Located in District 1 of the city, Bitexco Tower is located in the “heart” of the city, symbolizing the modernity, dynamism and integration of Saigon. With a special shape like a rising lotus bud, this building is covered with 6,000 curved glass panels, arranged in the form of inclined pillars.
Saigon Skydeck on the 49th floor is considered the best view of the city from above with a 360-degree view. From here visitors can see all the Ho Chi Minh City landmarks such as Ben Thanh Market, Notre Dame Cathedral, the financial district of Saigon, Thu Thiem Tunnel etc.
What’s more awesome? Upgrade your experience and choose the Saigon Skydeck and World of Heineken Combo package to go on an interactive beer brewing tour and get a customized bottle of Heineken beer with your name on it. You can buy the ticket to Bitexco Tower here at cheaper price here.
Dinner Cruise on Sai Gon River
Embark on a dinner cruise on the Saigon River during your stay in Ho Chi Minh City. See the city at night — a beauty to behold when draped in shimmering lights against the night sky. Crossing the heart of the bustling city, the river cruise offers a tranquil escape aboard a wooden yacht. Enjoy dinner accompanied by traditional music and dance performances.
Dining In the Dark
This is one of the most unforgettable things to do in Ho Chi Minh City at night as it is not simply dining, but a rather unique gastronomic adventure. And you can only find this amazing experience at Noir. As you step into Noir, all your senses will be stimulated as you will dine at complete darkness.
One of the special things at Noir is that all waiters and waitresses inside the dining hall are visually impaired, but their service is absolutely top-notch. The guide was very informative and attentive in the dark. Food is of premium quality, fine dining selections.
Don’t belittle the small servings as one can get quite filled up with multiple courses. They also have a vegetarian menu.
Overall, it’s something one must try if they have not in their lifetime. Book the Noir Dining here
Spa & Massage in Ho Chi Minh City
After a long day of sightseeing, why not give yourself some relaxing moments at one of the top Spa & Massage in Ho Chi Minh City.
Bustling Bui Vien
This is a crowded area with a lot of foreigners living and is also the place where most of the most luxurious hotels, restaurants in Saigon located.
This place is famous for its night-time opening restaurants which attract a lot of Western and Vietnamese tourists. With just a bottle of beer, a stool to sit and chat with your friends in a bustling space full of laughter, your night in Sai Gon will be memorable.
Ben Thanh Street Food Market
Are you a food lover? Do you want to enjoy all the food in countries around the world? Come to Ben Thanh Street Food, a convergence of more than 60 stalls selling delicious dishes from many countries around the world. It can be said that this is a culinary paradise for gourmets, you can eat as much as you want and the price is very cheap.
You can also find interesting authentic souvenirs back home at Ben Thanh Night Market nearby as the market offers a wide range of items including clothing, footwear, jewelry to special Vietnamese dishes and food. Ben Thanh Market is the oldest market in Saigon and visits the bustling market is one of the most interesting things to do in Sai gon at night.
Located in District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Starlight (Anh Sao) Bridge is one of the ideal photographic locations for photographers and many young people. The bridge is 170m long with more than 5,000 lights arranged along the road and the two sides of the bridge create a shimmering space.
If you want to see the sparkling Starlight Bridge from above, remember to choose a hotel in District 7 to stay!
Café rooftop bar
This place is known as the sleepless city with lots of nightlife activities. Many people mingle with the flock, but many choose to sit on high to admire the sparkling scenery of Ho Chi Minh City at night.
If you choose the second way, see the list of beautiful cafes in Saigon to find yourself an ideal observation point:
- Café Eon – Floor 50 Bitexco Tower, No. 2 Hai Trieu, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- King Rooftop coffee – 8.9, Floor 31-33 Hai Ba Trung, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Rooftop Pool Bar – Hotel Des Arts Saigon – 24th floor, Hotel Des Arts Saigon, 76 -78 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Lounge Bar Cloud 9 – Floor 6 & 7 Hai Nam Building, 2 Bis Cong Truong International, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Mary Jane’s The Bar – 85 Nguyen Huu Cau, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
There are so many things to do in Ho Chi Minh City at night awaiting you to explore. Comment below if you have awesome experience with our suggestion.